G & G Bolt Tail Cleaner
This cleaning tool is intended for use as a fast and efficient method for removing the carbon build up from the bolt tail collar of AR-15/M-16 weapon systems.
- Safely unload weapon and disassemble.
- Remove the bolt from the bolt carrier and wipe down the exterior.
- Use the G & G Bolt Cleaning Tool to scrape the carbon off the bolt tail collar:
- Place the bolt tail into the guide hole and push the bolt tail all the way down so the collar makes contact with the scraper blade.
- Apply pressure and twist the bolt to scrape off the carbon.
- Twist in both directions for trouble spots and carbon build up.
When complete, the carbon build up will have been removed; however, there may be residual amounts of carbon remaining. This residual carbon will not impede the use of the weapon system, but more carbon will build upon this residual carbon. To completely clean and polish the bolt tail and collar, use the G & G Bolt Tail Cleaner and Polisher.